English101, January 2015

Throughout the years, I have taken a significant amount of pride in my school work. One of my better subjects just so happens to be English, which I can proudly say that I spent three long semesters of in the honors level. Although I do take a lot of pride in my papers, I usually only write when it is required of me and the occasional blog on social media. For whatever reason, I find it much easier to discuss certain topics and jot down my thoughts and opinions on them than to tell you about myself. There are many instances, such as now, that I experience extreme writer’s block and find myself gazing at my screen anywhere from five to fifteen minutes before I can form a coherent thought about myself. I do however think of myself as a strong writer. My best work just so happens to come from discussing literature and topics that I have familiarized myself with. Something that I hope to take with me from this course is a more confident approach to creative writing and other forms of writing. Although I find myself excelling in one form of writing, I want to feel more confident in other areas as well. In the rare occasion that I do find myself writing personal pieces about myself through private blogging, I find it to be a beneficial release and intend to use this method more often. Although my self-expressed blogging is private, I want to be able to look back upon my writing and immediately pick up on how far I have come since that particular piece of work. I am eager to discover new strengths and weaknesses that I possess and see just how far I can take my writing!